Snow and Extreme Weather Procedures
The following arrangements will be put into operation at school, during days when we experience disruption caused by snow or extreme weather.
Snow Day Information
- An email &/or text message will be sent out via Arbor to parents by 8.00am if the school is going to be closed or we are operating any restrictions. Please ensure you keep your details up to date and enable push notifications if you have the App installed on your smart phone. parents are NOT to call the school as staff will be busy and cannot answer the phone.
- Information will be posted on the school website. If the decision is taken to close the school, we will use clear wording, including “SCHOOL CLOSED” on the home page
- If you do not hear from the school and you have checked the website, then assume it is a normal day and we are OPEN.
- Ensure that the children are dressed warmly with think coats, hates, scarves, gloves and have appropriate footwear for outside (i.e. wellies).
- It would be helpful if the children bring in extra socks or tights, as these will get wet when outside during breaks or at lunch.
Restricted Site Access and Path Clearance
- Entrances and paths will be assessed / cleared first thing by the Site Manager. These paths will be communicated to parents by 8.00am.
Registration on Snow Days
- If you have received communication to say the school is open but with the restrictions described above, children will not be marked late until after 9.30am. Therefore, on severe snow days children can arrive between 8.45am and 9.30am. The flexible start will help avoid congestion on the roads and pavements outside the school and ensure the safety of everyone.
In the even that we do have to close, snow related home learning has been set.